Thursday, May 21, 2009

MAKING THE MOST

I got another coat of varnish on today. That's the third on the toe rails, fourth on the companionway boards. The weather says I'll be able to keep coating for days.

Chip repaired the biggest of the soft spots on the cockpit deck. I jumped up and down on it this afternoon, and it feels like concrete.

Tonight I've transported dinner to the boat. We're cooking out here (as I write), drinking rum, watching the sun set, listening to a new playlist: island mix. We might be sitting behind our house, but it's as close to the islands as we'll get for now.

And you know what? It ain't that bad.

UPDATE:
--The realtor for the folks threatening to make an offer says it might come by the weekend.
--Our friend Rob and his father-in-law John, mowed our lawn yesterday. Such a stroke of kindness. We're fortunate to have good friends.

No comments: