Thursday, March 26, 2009

25 RANDOM THINGS ABOUT TAMMY


1. My life's mission is to gather around me people who are more interesting than me, more intelligent and/or make me laugh. Bonus points for all three.

2. I would like to live in a world without the word should.

3. If I were going to live in a book, I'd choose To Kill a Mockingbird despite the fact that the south gives me the creeps and things turned out badly, especially for Tom Robinson.

4. If I were going to live in a painting, I'd choose Sunday Afternoon on the Island of La Grande Jatte, only I'd wear 3D glasses.

5. Ironically my childhood was fairly normal even though I grew up in the UFO Capitol of the World and attended Roswell High.

6. I *love* jigsaw puzzles and any board or card game that doesn't involve the winner slowly destroying all the other players.

7. While showering I wonder what all the tiny writing on Dr. Bronner's Magic Soap says but never think about it again until I take another shower.

8. As I get close to realizing a lifelong dream of living on a sailboat, I feel scared and unprepared.

9. I worked for washingtonpost.com from the time it launched in 1996 until we opened a wine shop in 2005.

10. I once rode a mechanical bull.

11. In my head I'm an optimistic person, but frequently what comes out of my mouth is negative.

12. In Kindergarten I was kicked out of morning worship, because the fat kid next to me dared me to make him cry. I did. Thus began a long, tenuous and eventually failed relationship between me and organized religion.

13. Getting kicked out of morning worship meant they sent me back to the classroom alone. To pass the time, I ate all the snack-time graham crackers.

14. I feel deeply fortunate to have Chip, who has a heart as big as the solar system. It is his spiritual insight, hard work and research that keeps us on track.

15. I once got my hand stuck in a Coke machine.

16. I cried when I heard that Elvis died.

17. One of my greatest regrets is that when my father died, it had been two years since I had been to visit him.

18. I sometimes don't take important things seriously enough and take unimportant things too seriously.

19. I get really mad at my brain when it teases me with, "It starts with a 'p'." Just tell me the whole damn word!

20. The fewer possessions and keys I own, the happier I am.

21. I have no tonsils, no adenoids, no ovaries and only one kidney even though that was not always the case.

22. I remember one day in the summer of 2008 when technology passed me by. I mostly don't care.

23. I don't know why Chip thinks I'm so awesome, but I'm thankful every day that he does.

24. I was an art broker in the 80s in Austin. One of my artists went on to be rather successful. Another went on to murder her husband in cold blood. No, really. It's true.

25. I can be content the rest of my life living on or near the ocean but wish Paris would move to the coast.

No comments: