Wednesday, March 25, 2009

THE LAST ONE STANDING


Could things possibly be looking up? Just ever so slightly? The Dow is inching up tick by tick. The housing market shows signs of having a pulse. Spring is in the air. Bob Barker returned to The Price is Right -- only briefly, but still.

No pain meds today. I'm being held together by surgical tape and ibuprofen. They had to make FOUR incisions, so I'm basically recovering from being stabbed repeatedly in the stomach. They told me today would be the hardest, but I'm up and mobile if not running and jumping. Thanks to Jenniffer for bringing food, Wendy for bringing tulips, cookies and Lily, John for babysitting and cooking a mystery dinner that was delicious, and Chip for, well, being awesome. I consider myself profoundly lucky to have a wide and deep safety net that feels less like a net and more like a warm comforter.

We're starting to get inquiries about the boat. We gave Phase Two numbers to a business prospect.

Yeah, I know, we've been here before. There's no way to measure progress toward a goal that we don't control.

Chip's still using the metaphor of climbing Mount Everest. He says I'm sitting in the snow with altitude sickness. LOL.

I prefer to think of it as a marathon dance competition. All we can do is be the last ones standing. Oh, standing. I'm working up to that.

No comments: