Tuesday, May 25, 2010

EVERYTHING NICE

If you're under the impression I'm coating everything I own in plastic, you're not far off. So much for my earth-friendly, living-on-a-boat gloating.

As I was trying to stow things in the galley, I just couldn't find enough or at least the right spot for my space-hogging spices. I remembered reading a tip for that in one of my sailing magazines and decided to implement it today.


Supplies:
Ziploc Snack Bags
3x5 cards
A plastic bin

Instructions:
Dump the contents of a spice jar in a bag. Write the name of the spice on a card and seal them up together.

It made me miss the days of doing craft projects with the kids. And look at the result! Flat, easy-to-store bags instead of round, half-empty bottles.

These are the things that distract your mind from waiting.

Sort of.

No comments: