Tuesday, June 23, 2009

BUG OUT


I'm back at it. Varnish, that is, hell's tea.

After that near-fatal varnishing incident a few weeks ago, I hadn't been able to walk the planks, so to speak -- until yesterday. How hard can this be? I know, I keep saying that. Truth is, it's a pain in the ass. However, when things go well, the end result is almost worth it.

Since it was unseasonably cool, I prepped the garage and companionway hatches. With some trepidation, I slathered on a layer of varnish with fair results. That bug loved it. I thought it was spotty, so this morning I went at them with 320-grit and had another go.

NOW we're talking.

I put one more coat on the companionway and taped the toe rails. If the stars shine right, I'll get a coat on those tonight and/or tomorrow.

UPDATE:
--Two appointments to show the house this week. Yeah, don't get your hopes up.
--Staying open until 8 at the wine shop for the rest of the summer. Sigh.

No comments: