Saturday, June 13, 2009

GONE FISHIN'

Chip fired me from the wine shop so I could be the transition team. One of my duties is to facilitate the sale of our house, boat and business. Shut up. I'm working on it.

Another is to develop my freelance career, so I'll have an income on the water. One step forward there. I just signed on with John Bayliss to redesign his website and handle his marketing and advertising.


Bayliss Boatworks is a thrilling story. John had been rampaging up and down the east coast for two decades winning sportfishing tournaments, but a few years back he decided to start building his own sportfishing yachts. I asked him how on earth he knew how to build boats. He said, "I'd been on and around them for years."

Yeah, I've been around cars for years, but I can't MAKE one. Seems John can. He has nine gorgeous mega-yachts already on the water and three in the making.

It's such a gas to step into a whole new world. I've been looking through sportfishing and yachting magazines, hanging out at the boatyard, watching tournament webcams. It reminds me of the time I went to the fire station for bingo night. I had no idea people were doing this stuff ...

UPDATE:
--I'm ready to start varnishing again. We'll be finished with staff training by the end of the week, so I'll start slathering again.
--We plan to paint the decks on the boat in the next few days. Can't wait to see that. Remind me to take a BEFORE photo.

No comments: